- Crew Signup Form - Please fill in this form HERE. If you have any questions then email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Panel/Workshop Signups HERE
- Promoter Signups HERE
Signup To Crew
The London Anime Con crew are the people that help to make this convention a reality and to make it enjoyable for all our members. If you're interesting in volunteering to help out, please read this page and then volunteer using the form at the bottom of this page.
Why Crew? Well, you get free entry and one free-meal a day. And of course you get the satisifaction of having helped the convention out. We're always happy to provide references to people who work for us, so it's something extra which you can add to your CV afterward. Crewing is also a very easy way to get to know other members of the con, and there is usually a lot of camaraderie between fellow crew members over the course of the event!
What Kind of Work is it? Usually a crew member will help to manage queues, serve attendees, act as a runner to move equipment/items around and so forth. When you join crew, you are placed on to a team. Each team has a team-leader who you will report in to and who will look after you over the event. Each shift you are given is usually four hours long. At times crewing is far from easy, and it can be a lot of hard work but it is usually a very rewarding experience.
How many hours does a full-crew member do? Each full-crew member does 14 hours over the two days (7 hours a day). This entitles them to free entry in addition to free meal each day.
How many hours does a part-time crew member do? Some teams will allow for part-time crew. These are crew who work for only 1 day. Part-Time Crew will get a meal and free entry on the day which they are working.
What Teams are there? Specialist, Video Gaming, Artists Alley, Registrations & Help, Cosplay Organisers, Hall Events, Bar Events and Dealers.
I've already paid my entry, can I get it back if I crew? Provided you do the shifts which are allocated to you, then you will receive the entry money back on the Sunday.
What's this about Friday afternoon and Monday morning Crewing? If you want to help out on the Friday or Monday for setup or take-down, then shifts you do then will count toward the 14 hours. This means you'll be working less on the event days.
Can I do more than this number of hours? If you want to do extra-time, we offer various incentives to do so, ranging from extra-meals to free t-shirts and even covering some of the cost toward accommodation. Make sure to state you're interested and we will get back to you on that.
We encourage those who want to help the event to first and foremost help spread the word. Without massive budgets to spend on mainstream advertising, we rely heavily on our attendees to help with this.
For those who help, we offering free upgrades to supporting membership on your registration (make sure to ask) and/or a free t-shirt (from our existing stock).
You can help promote by -
1. Facebook & Twitter: Help by inviting your friends to our facebook page HERE, and posting short updates along the lines of "Is anyone going to London Anime Con? It's an awesome anime/gaming con and you read up on it at www.londonanimecon.com"
2. Posters/Flyers: By dropping flyers/posters in to shops, groups, societies and handing to friends it can massively raise awareness. We can send out flyers if you request for some in this topic HERE, and you can download a full resolution copy to print out as posters HERE. 3. Word of Mouth: One of the most effective ways, make sure to personally speak to your friends and encourage them to check the event out!
4. Promote or link to us on your website/forum/blog: Download a copy of the LAC press-kit HERE which contains images, buttons, press-releases and further information to use, making it as easy as copy and pasting to write about or link to us on your website, forum or blog
5. Banner/Link Exchange and Cross-Promotion: If you're interested in cross-promoting and gaining traffic, email us on email@example.com and we can explore possibilities.
Those who partner up with London Anime Con, will also be added as a partner on the animeleague website, a community of almost 30,000 members, making it very worthwhile!